Brave Men Ernie Pyle 1944

Posted 11:42 AM by Martha A Cheves in Labels: , , , , , , , ,


$4.00 - Brave Men Ernie Pyle 
1944 HC (61717-584 BO) history, war
(Book Resque)

I heard of a high British officer who went over the battlefield just after the action was over.  American boys were still lying dead in their foxholes, their rifles still grasped in firing position in their dead hands.  And the veteran English soldier remarked time and again, in a sort of hushed eulogy spoken only to himself, "Brave men.  Brave men!"

Copyright 1944 by Henry Hold & Company, this hardcover wartime edition measures 8 1/2 x 5 3/4 x 1 1/4 (approx.) and contains 474 pages.  On a scale of 1 - 10 with 10 being 'like new' I rate this copy a 6.  I would rate it higher but the inside copyright page and content page are starting to show separation from the spine (see photo).  It does have normal yellowing and shelf wear but it's still in pretty good condition.

(Please Read – I’m elderly and can’t smell very well so I can’t tell if the previous owner was a smoker.  All of my items come from estate, tag or yard sales so I don’t know if the previous owner was a smoker nor if they had an animal.  Order more than one item and save on postage.)


0 comment(s) to... “Brave Men Ernie Pyle 1944 ”

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Brave Men Ernie Pyle 1944



$4.00 - Brave Men Ernie Pyle 
1944 HC (61717-584 BO) history, war
(Book Resque)

I heard of a high British officer who went over the battlefield just after the action was over.  American boys were still lying dead in their foxholes, their rifles still grasped in firing position in their dead hands.  And the veteran English soldier remarked time and again, in a sort of hushed eulogy spoken only to himself, "Brave men.  Brave men!"

Copyright 1944 by Henry Hold & Company, this hardcover wartime edition measures 8 1/2 x 5 3/4 x 1 1/4 (approx.) and contains 474 pages.  On a scale of 1 - 10 with 10 being 'like new' I rate this copy a 6.  I would rate it higher but the inside copyright page and content page are starting to show separation from the spine (see photo).  It does have normal yellowing and shelf wear but it's still in pretty good condition.

(Please Read – I’m elderly and can’t smell very well so I can’t tell if the previous owner was a smoker.  All of my items come from estate, tag or yard sales so I don’t know if the previous owner was a smoker nor if they had an animal.  Order more than one item and save on postage.)

Related product you might see:

Share this product :

Post a Comment